Rich and nourishing cleansing balms have been really popular for the past year or so and are becoming more and more common. Balms are especially good for those with dry skin, but some also work well for other skin types. Here are a few options:
- Josie Maran Argan Cleansing Treatment ($48/90ml) – The innovative creamy oil cleanser contains argan oil to hydrate and nourish the skin while cleansing by starting out as a cream and melting into an oil, detoxifying and dissolving skin impurities. Suitable for all skin types.
- Ren Rosa Centifolia No1 Purity Cleansing Balm ($48/150ml) – This rose-infused balm sweeps away impurities, including waterproof mascara and the toughest of complexion products. It leaves skin cleansed, purified, calm, and glowing. It also conditions the lashes and brows. Suitable for all skin types.
- Neal’s Yard Wild Rose Beauty Balm ($60/50ml) – This product can be used as a rich cleanser, gentle exfoliant or deeply nourishing balm – to quench areas of dry or dehydrated skin. The exceptionally high levels of wild rosehip oil – a potent antioxidant proven to help repair, firm and smooth the skin – are combined with geranium, starflower, hemp and rosemary oil, to help decongest and enrich the skin, restoring its natural radiance.
- Emma Hardie Amazing Face Moringa Cleansing Balm ($60/100ml) – This balm thoroughly cleanses, moisturizes, and calms sensitive skin and revitalizes dull and mature skin. It also doubles as a soothing and hydrating mask if left on the skin for ten minutes.
- Botanics Organic Hot Cloth Cleansing Balm ($8.49/70ml) – Reveal a beautiful, radiant complexion with this hot cloth cleansing balm from Botanics that contains a luxurious blend of shea butter, rosehip and jojoba oil.
- Elemis Pro-Collagen Cleansing Balm ($60/105ml) – This softening balm contains naturally essential oils that melt on contact with the skin for a luxurious cleanse while captivating the senses with its exquisite aroma. The formula contains starflower oil to help remove impurities and makeup. Anti-aging padina pavonica promotes cell vitality and elasticity. The combination of active and aromatic ingredients results in a deeply cleansed, smooth and glowing complexion.
- Clinique Take the Day Off Cleansing Balm ($28.50/125ml) – This makeup remover goes on as a solid balm and transforms into a silky oil that effortlessly dissolves makeup and sunscreen. Its non-greasy, non-drying formula cleanses thoroughly and rinses off completely.
- Elemental Herbology Purify and Soothe Facial Cleanser ($52/75ml) – This cleanser drastically soothes, nourishes and hydrates the skin while removing all traces of dirt, oil and makeup. Formulated with bitter orange peel powder, angelica, marshmallow and aloe, it calms inflamed, dry skin, leaving your face fresh, soft and glowing.
- Eve Lom Morning Time Cleanser ($60/125ml) – Morning Time Cleanser provides a deep cleanse without drying the skin and removes even the most stubborn waterproof makeup. It also exfoliates, tones, brightens, and minimizes the appearance of pores for a softer, more youthful look.
- Stark Grapefruit Cleanse and Hydrate Balm ($42/60ml) – This highly nutritious, water-less balm has the unique concept of being both cleanser and hydrator, making life simple and beautiful. This delicious balm melts away daily grime and dirt, replenishing your skin with healthy, antioxidant-rich plant-derived oils and butters, and can also be used as a moisturizer.
- Antipodes Grapeseed Butter Cleanser (75ml/$44) – Soothe and remove impurities from all skin types with this sleek minimalist preparation of nourishing cocoa butter, soothing olive and harekeke oils to soften and calming lavender and blue chamomile for sensitive skin.
- The Body Shop Chamomile Cleansing Butter (90ml/$15) – This cleanser is an indulgent make-up remover for the whole face. It gently and efficiently melts away make-up and impurities, leaving skin feeling clean, refreshed and pampered.
- Omorovicza Thermal Cleansing Balm ($105/50ml) – This cleanser removes all makeup (even waterproof mascara), deeply cleanses, and moisturizes the skin. It contains Hungarian Moor mud which contains very high levels of calcium and magnesium carbonates to cleanse and detoxify the skin. Recommended for all skin types, the delightful orange blossom scent leaves skin fragranced to perfection.
I’ve tried the cleansing balms from Josie Maran, Ren, Botanics, Clinique, and Eve Lom. The Ren and Botanics cleansers are very similar despite their very different price points, but neither was nourishing enough for my very dry skin. The Clinique version is fantastic for sensitive skin because it’s free from many allergens, perfumes, and irritants, but I also love the Josie Maran cleanser because it’s very nourishing, and the Eve Lom cleanser because it leaves my skin clean, hydrated, and clear.
Have you tried any cleansing balms? What’s your favorite? Let me know in the comments!
(Disclaimer: This is not a sponsored post and the links above are not affiliate links. Also, I do not own the photos or quotes used above.)