At the beginning of the month, I resolved to try to use things up and buy fewer beauty products… and I failed. However, six products in this post were actually purchased in December (but didn’t all arrive until January), so I’ll start with those!
– VMV Hypoallergenics Moisture Rich Creammmy Cleansing Milk – This is a hypoallergenic cleansing milk that gets the job done well without irritating my skin. This line of products is great for my dry/sensitive skin, so I’m sure I’ll be using them for a long time to come.
– VMV Hypoallergenics Superskin 1 Monolaurin + Mandelic Acid Toner – This is an exfoliating toner that removes flakes and any dirt or residue without drying out my skin. It’s a bit stronger than the other chemical exfoliants I own, and I’m glad I bought it.
– La Roche-Posay Hydraphase Intense Eyes – I finally bought an eye cream! My undereye area has gotten a bit dehydrated, so I ordered this because it contains hyaluronic acid and I love La Roche Posay.
– Cosmedica Skincare Pure Hyaluronic Serum – I’m running out of hydraluron, so I looked on amazon for a replacement and this is what I found. It works as well as, if not slightly better than hydraluron. As soon as my tube of hydraluron actually runs out, I’ll be switching to this.
– Antipodes Aura Manuka Honey Mask – I picked this up in the feelunique sale after Christmas and I use it on nights when my skin is feeling a bit spotty and dry. Now I want to try the Aesop Parsley Seed Cleansing Masque.
– VMV Hypoallergenics Creammmy Rich Intensive Moisture Milk – This is a coconut oil-based moisturizer and it works really well for my skin. Also, you get 120ml as opposed to the usual 30-50ml for $29, so you get quite a bit of product for your money.
– Clinique Moisture Surge CC Cream in Light – I love this product when applied with a damp beauty blender. It looks flawless but not cakey, lasts all day, and I’ll talk more about it in my favorites post.
– Beautyblender (Original) – I kind of accidentally destroyed my previous beauty blender, so I bought another one and I’m in love all over again. When damp, this sponge blends products more flawlessly than most brushes and sponges. I’m sure I’ll be buying more of these in the future.
– Batiste Light & Blonde Dry Shampoo – I forgot to bring a dry shampoo home with me for winter break, so I picked this one up one day. This is my first time trying Batiste, but it’s probably the best dry shampoo I’ve used so far.
– Healthysexyhair Soy Renewal Beach Spray – I found this on sale at TJ Maxx and it did not work well for my hair, so it’s been passed on to a friend.
– Redken Satinwear 02 Blowdry Lotion – I’ve loved this product for two and a half years. I finally ran out of my first bottle so I picked up another one and I’m in love all over again. This product makes my hair feel like satin, protects my hair from heat, and helps my hair hold curls really well.
– Superfacialist by Una Brennan Rose Hydrate Intensive Moisture Mask – I was excited to find this at TJ Maxx, but it wasn’t anywhere near hydrating enough for my super dry skin. However, my grandmother has combination skin and really likes it.
– Korres White Tea Facial Fluid Gel Cleanser – This cleanser was another TJ Maxx find. It feels really nice on my skin and seems to work well, but I haven’t used it much yet.
– Nuxe Gentle Toning Lotion – I ordered this from amazon on a whim, and I’m glad I did. I use this as a hydrating toner (after exfoliating toner, before my serum) and it works really well to add an extra bit of hydration to my skin.
– Nars Narsissist Palette – I spotted this in a blog post a few weeks ago, and immediately knew I had to have it. I ordered it as soon as it was available on the Nars website and then waited impatiently for it to appear on my doorstep. I’m really happy with it, but it has gotten a few negative reviews because of the pigmentation (or lack thereof). The darker shades do require a bit of building up, but I’m actually a bit happy about that because I can be a bit heavy-handed, and I’m less likely to apply too much this way. Overall, I’m obsessed with this palette and I highly recommend checking it out.
– Nars Super Orgasm Blush (mini) – This mini was free with the palette (I forgot the coupon code, sorry!) but I haven’t used it very much yet. It will probably be gorgeous in the summer if I get a bit of a tan, but at the moment it just emphasizes my redness.
What did you purchase this month?