Drawing on inspiration from all of the Beauty Resolutions posts in my bloglovin’ feed, I thought I’d talk about my beauty resolutions for the year. As I’m sure you all can tell, I love trying new products. However, I graduate college in a year and need to work on saving money and using up products so I have less to move around later.
1. Downsize – In terms of makeup and skincare, I have pretty much everything I need as well as things I’m not completely satisfied with. I want to eliminate the products I don’t use either by giving them to friends and family or adding them to my blogsale (which is overdue for an update).
2. Use things up – I have an empties post coming up in the next month or so, but I want to continue to use up products. In terms of skincare, it’s nice to have options, but I don’t need to have multiples (or backups) of each type of product I use.
3. Be patient – I’m going to try to wait to buy and open new products until I need them. Products do expire, and it’ll be easier to finish them before they expire if I don’t have multiples open.
4. Buy less – It’s easy to get caught up in the hype of new products, but I want to try to resist the temptation until I can afford it or I need it to replace a product I use up.
5. Take better care of my skin – I’ve been getting better with skincare in the last six months, but eczema is difficult to deal with, so I want to try harder.
6. Paint my nails more often – I used to have a lot of nail polish, but I downsized over the summer. However, I still haven’t used all of the polishes I have left, so I want to use them all and downsize again.
7. Blog more often – It’s easy to let life get in the way of blogging, but I’m going to try to make time to blog more.