My favorites this month mainly consist of old favorites with a few new ones thrown in. I’m still completely obsessed with autumnal makeup, and have been wearing the same shades pretty much all month. I’ve also discovered some new skincare favorites that I’m excited to share with you.
– I had forgotten how beautiful the Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light is. I use it most days to set my tinted moisturizer without looking cakey while adding a slight glow. Diffused Light is next on my list.
– Nars products are my favorite and have quickly overtaken my makeup collection. I really love their eyeshadows in particular because the shades always emphasize my blue eyes perfectly. I technically have both shades in the Kalahari Duo already, but I’d rather reach for a duo than two separate palettes (And God Created the Woman and Fairy’s Kiss). For the perfect fall eye, I use the left shade all over the lid and then blend a bit of the right shade into the outer third of my eye and into the crease. I tend to pair this duo with the Topshop liner in Saddle that I’ll mention in a minute.
– The Nars Powder Blush in Madly was a favorite last month as well, but I’ve been loving it even more this month. I had said it was probably my favorite fall blush, but now it really is. It goes perfectly with every eye and lip look, so I’ve been wearing it almost every day.
– The Sephora Maniac Matte Lipstick in Mat08 is also a repeat. It wears well, fades nicely, and is my current favorite everyday lipstick. The color is also beautiful and pairs perfectly with Nars Madly.
– I own four of the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils, but Cruella is my current favorite. It’s a stunning scarlet red and I can’t get enough of it.
– The Topshop Kohl Eyeliner in Saddle is a simple metallic brown eyeliner with a bit of shimmer. I apply it to the upper lashline and then tightline to emphasize my lashes. It doesn’t transfer to my crease, but I do like the way it transfers a bit to the waterline (when used to tightline).
– The First Aid Beauty Instant Oatmeal Mask is incredible. It smooths out the surface of my skin, and leaves it feeling soft, hydrated, and flake-free. I’m obsessed.
– The Fresh Seaberry Facial Oil came in a kit I bought and I like it so far.
– The Fresh Rose Face Mask is a luxe alternative to the Origins Drink Up Intensive Mask. I apply it the same way and get similar results, but I think this one might actually be a bit more hydrating.
– The Embryolisse Rich Moisturizing Cream is not shown above, but it’s my favorite winter moisturizer at the moment, and it provides a smooth hydrating base for makeup.
– I bought the Paddywax 6.5 oz Candle in Poppy from Urban Outfitters, and I’ve been burning it ever since. It’s made of mimosa, poppy, and musk notes, and it smells absolutely delicious.