I bought quite a few makeup and skincare products recently, partially because there were so many sales going on. I have a lot to talk about, so I’m going to skip the ramble and just get into it. The Sephora VIB Sale was at the beginning of the month, so I took advantage of the 20% discount.
– I picked up the Nars eyeshadow duo in Kalahari, which I have used almost every day since. I sweep the left shade all over the lid and blend a little of the right shade into the crease for a super simple brown smoky eye.
– While in the checkout line, I spotted a mini Hourglass Opaque Rouge Liquid Lipstick in Icon, a gorgeous blue-red with a matte finish. I had the full size before, but couldn’t master the application process. I’ve since found various application techniques, and I’m excited to try them out.
– I love lip pencils, and the Bite Beauty High Pigment Matte Pencils are no exception. I picked up a dark berry toned red called Bramble. I really love it so far, especially when paired with the Nars Blush in Dolce Vita.
– Fresh Beauty put out a kit called “Skin Superstars,” which contains a full size Rose lip balm, a mini Seaberry Facial Oil, a mini Rose Face Mask, and a 50ml Soy Face Cleanser. I’m pretty picky about kits these days, but I love every product in the kit. I like the texture of the lip balm and the cleanser works well, but my two favorites are the Rose Face Mask (very hydrating) and the Seaberry Face Oil (smoothing and hydrating).
– I had picked up a kit from First Aid Beauty, but didn’t get on with anything but the Instant Oatmeal Mask, so I returned the kit and bought the mask by itself because it’s fantastic. I use it twice a week, after cleanser but before toner, and it seems to resurface and hydrate my skin, leaving it baby-soft and flake free. I’m obsessed!I made another trip to sephora to return the kit from First Aid Beauty, and ended up picking up some other things.
– I’ve wanted the Nars Pure Radiant Tinted Moisturizer in Finland since it was released almost two years ago. It gives light to medium coverage, and appears radiant but not greasy. It sets well (doesn’t stay tacky), leaves a satin finish, and lasts all day (even without setting powder).
– the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in Cordura is great for adding definition to the eyes. I tend to pair it with the Nars Eyeshadow Duo in All About Eve.
– Sephora had a bunch of single eyeshadows on clearance, so I picked up two: Mad for Macaroons (future favorite) and Natural Beige. I really like them both so far.
– I got a Sephora x Pantone nail polish last year and loved it, so I thought I’d get Reflecting Pond when I saw it on clearance. In short: it’s gorgeous.
– I also picked up the Sephora Super Moisturizing Lip Balm and the Instant Eye Makeup Remover, but I’m not really a fan of either.
My eczema has been horrible this month, so I’ve been trying to find ways to combat it.
– Ulta has a ton of hair products on clearance, so I picked up the Tigi Dumb Blonde Leave-In Conditioner (for less than $8!). It makes my hair soft and smells absolutely delicious.
– I picked up the Avene Trixera+ Emollient Creme on Amazon and the Maximum Moisture Lotion from Whole Foods. They’re both designed for severely dry/sensitive skin and hopefully work well on eczema. I haven’t used them much yet, but I’m sure they’ll pop up in a favorites post if they’re effective.
– Viviannadoesmakeup has been raving about the Bourjois Happy Light Foundation, so I picked up the shade 50 Porcelain from Asos. It gives medium-full coverage and sets to a satin finish. I like it so far, especially when applied with the Real Techniques Miracle Complexion Sponge, a beautyblender dupe I picked up at Ulta for $6. The BB works a teensy bit better, but I probably won’t buy another one because this one is so good (especially for the price).
– My hands are itchy, cracked and peeling from my eczema (gross, I know), so I picked up a tube of Florasone Cream from Whole Foods. It’s a homeopathic alternative to cortisone, and seems to be making a pretty big difference so far.
– While at Whole Foods, I also picked up a baby bottle of the Dr Bronner’s Unscented Baby-Mild Magic Soap. I have a big one, but the baby is much more handy when brush cleaning time rolls around (and it’s travel friendly!).
Urban Outfitters always reels me in with their selection of beauty bits and candles. They had their Holiday Collection of Nail Polishes out and on sale (2/$8), so I had to pick up two. Spiked Punch is a deep red and Sweet Tooth is a creamy beige. I also picked up the Paddywax Poppy Candle. It smells delicious (contains mimosa, poppy, and musk notes) and I am obsessed!I don’t usually go shopping on Black Friday, but I was awake and decided to go out. I got clothes, shoes, and a few beauty bits from Sephora and Ulta.
– I love gold/bronze/taupe eyeshadows, so I picked up the $10 Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes Duo, which contains two Aqua Eyes Pencils in 20E (taupey bronze) and 28E (golden beige). I’ve been wearing 20E quite a bit (all over the lid and into the crease, with a little on the lower lashline).
– The Boscia Pore Perfection Kit was also $10, so I picked it up to try the Luminizing Black Mask I’ve heard good things about. It also comes with 3 pore strips.
– Also, the Sephora Eyeshadow in Marie (a bronzy taupe) called my name from the clearance bin, and the Clarins One-Step Gentle Exfoliating Cleanser was a 100 point perk.
– At Ulta I bought a mini Healthy Sexy Hair Leave-In Conditioner (because I love the full size and can’t be without it) and the Jack Black Lemon & Chamomile Lip Balm (which smells incredible)
What products did you pick up this month? Any recommendations?