I went a little skincare-crazy again this month, repurchased a few things, and found some great new products! My skin is getting more and more dry as the weather gets colder, so I picked up some new skincare products to get my skin through the winter months.
– REN, Clarins, and Embryolisse are popular brands in the blogosphere, but I had yet to try products from any of them. I was at sephora, looking for a more hydrating cleanser, and found the REN Hydra-Calm Cleansing Milk. It’s a soothing cleanser formulated without any nasty ingredients (sulfates, parabens, mineral oil, fragrance) that leaves the skin feeling moisturized rather than stripped.
– I also wanted a more powerful chemical exfoliant, and I’d heard nothing but good things about the Clarins Gentle Exfoliator Brightening Toner. It removes any stubborn flaky bits and really makes a difference in my skin. It’s not available in the US, but you can find it here on amazon.
– Embroylisse, a french brand, are well-known for their moisturizers. I picked up the Rich Hydrating Creme (formulated with vitamins and hyaluronic acid) for my very dry skin. It’s available here.
– Sephora has a new line of nail polishes out, called “Formula X”. I bought the shade Blazing, a shimmery burgundy.I went to target in search of eye-makeup remover, and left with a few extra things (as usual).
– I picked up the Loreal Infallible 24 hour Eyeshadow in Endless Pearl (a matte beige that neutralizes any redness on my eyelids).
– The Maybelline Fit Me Concealer (I got the shade 15 fair) has been compared to my beloved Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer, but does not come even remotely close (and has been passed on to a friend).
– Sonia Kashuk is my new favorite drugstore brand, and the Eye Makeup Remover is amazing. It’s the typical bi-phase eye makeup remover, and dissolves even the most waterproof mascara (Loreal Telescopic shown below).
– Burt’s Bees is another great skincare brand, but their products are a little expensive compared to other drugstore offerings. When I went, the Sensitive Facial Cleanser was on sale for $7, so I picked it up. It’s a creamy, moisturizing cleanser that doesn’t irritate my skin. I went back to Target, and picked up a few more things.
– Essie Toggle to the Top is a nice glitter polish that I bought on a whim. I like it better than Leading Lady, but it chips really quickly on me.
– I think I found a dupe for the Nars Velvet Matte Lip Pencils! The Sonia Kashuk Velvety Matte Lip Crayons have the same texture, the same scent, and similar packaging for 1/3 of the price! I bought Blossomy Nude 04 and Rosey Nude 10 (not shown), and I’m in love with them.
– This is my fourth(!) tube of the Loreal Telescopic Shocking Extensions Waterproof Mascara in Blackest Black. This is my holy grail mascara and I refuse to be without it. ‘Nuff said.
– I’m running out of the Loreal EverCreme Intense Nourishing Shampoo, so I bought another bottle. This stuff is great and makes my hair feel amazing.The Sephora Friends and Family sale (20% off) is happening again, and I went a little crazy.
– I wanted to repurchase the Caudalie Beauty Elixir because I’m running out, but I bought this Caudalie kit instead. I’m excited to see how the Make-up Remover Cleansing Water compares to Bioderma Sensibio H2O.
– I’d been wanting the YSL Le Teint Touche Eclat Foundation for quite a while, but couldn’t quite justify the price. I figured I may as well get it 20% off. I picked up the shade B10, and I’m loving it.
– Deborah Lippmann nail polishes are finally available at Sephora! I picked up Laughin’ to the Bank, a gorgeous shimmery emerald that’s perfect for fall.
– I wandered over to the skincare section and bought yet another cleanser, the REN Rosa Centifolia No.1 Purity Cleansing Balm. It’s designed to melt away makeup and purify the skin, and is recommended for all skin types. I really love balms because they feel so rich and hydrating on the skin.
– I got a mini Clarins Beauty Flash Balm as a 100 point perk. I haven’t used it yet, but I’ve heard good things.
– The last thing I bought was the Sephora Maniac Matte Lipstick in Mat 08. This is actually my second tube of the stuff, not because I finished the first, but because I want a back up for when I do. I bought the first one (shown, because it’s open) for $3 a while back, and fell in love with it this month. I saw another tube of it today in the clearance bin, so I decided to pick up another one while I could.
What products did you buy this month
Links above are not affiliate links.