June consisted of travelling, my birthday, new products, and a lot of no-makeup days. For the days I actually wore makeup, these are the products I’ve fallen in love with and have reached for the most.
- The Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Dim Light gave a soft-focus glow and set my makeup for the day, without looking or feeling dry.
- The Laura Mercier Second Skin Cheek Colour in Lush Nectarine, purchased on recommendation from Viviannadoesmakeup, is easily one of my favorite summer blushes. It’s a gorgeous peachy/pinky/coral blush that and can be swept on in seconds to liven up my pale skin.
- The NARS Powder Eyeshadow Duo in All About Eve is the main product I’ve been wearing on my eyes. It’s brightening, subtly defining, and can be paired with a darker color in the crease to take it from day to night instantly. It lasts all day on me with or without primer.
- I haven’t been much of an eyeliner fan in years, but I’ve been loving smudging a bit of dark (green, brown, or purple) liner on the upper lashline for a bit of extra definition on the eyes without the harsh look black liner can give. My favorite has been the Topshop Eye Kohl in Saddle, a cool-toned bronze-y brown, which I picked up at Topshop in The Bay (Vancouver) immediately after swatching. Also, the Annabelle metallic eye pencil in Greige, a slightly metallic olive/taupe/gray (that I found on sale at Rexall), is the perfect color to lightly line my lower lashline. It adds the perfect amount of definition without being dark.
- The Origins Plantscription Concealer in 01 Light was was a bit too dark and yellow for the winter months, but is perfect for the summer when I have a bit of a tan. The formula is similar to that of the Nars Pure Radiant Creamy Concealer (I have the shade Vanilla) (which I prefer), but I didn’t want to purchase a darker shade of that one before using up this one.
- The Kevyn Aucoin Sculpting Powder in Medium (another purchase enabled by Vivannadoesmakeup) is simply the best product I’ve found for contouring. I’ll admit it’s the only one I’ve tried, but after finding it, I’m not really interested in trying anything else (until Nars brings one out, that is!).
- The Nuxe Reve de Miel (purchased on recommendation from essiebutton) lip balm is a heavy duty, matte lip balm that I use every night to keep my lips hydrated. ‘Nuff said.
- The Mac 217 brush was an instant favorite. The first time I used it I decided I would never be without one. It is the absolute best blending brush I’ve used, and I now cringe at my previous smoky eye attempts.
- The Clarins Instant Light Lip Perfectors (I have the shades 01 and 02) (purchased on recommendation from pretty much everyone) are my absolute favorite lip glosses. They’re kind of a non-sticky, semi-opaque balm/gloss hybrid and they really are perfect. I wear one of the two pretty much every day, and I’ll probably always have at least one. I just wish they came in more colors.
- Finally, the Dior Diorskin Nude BB Creme (I have the shade 001) is another popular product in the beauty community, but it is definitely deserving of the hype. First of all, the texture is amazing (lightweight with light to medium coverage, and a satin finish). Second, it comes with a pump. Third, it comes in 4 or 5 shades, which means it’s pale enough for me as well as dark-skinned beauties.
Overall, these are some amazing products that I’m sure I’ll be raving about all year long. What were your favorites for the month of June?